Welcome to the latest edition of my twice monthly newsletter. If you are receiving this you are a client, health professional, friend, or you have requested information from me in the past. If at anytime you wish to unsubscribe you can do so by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the page. However, I hope you choose to not only receive this newsletter, but read it thoroughly.
My goal is to use this newsletter as a tool to help educate all those who read it on different health, fitness, and nutrition topics. It is my hope that by reading it you learn strategies and tips which ultimately help you lead a healthier, happier life.
Vacation Proof Your Diet
You don’t need another article that’s going to tell you the same old advice about eating healthy on vacation. “Watch your portions!” “Pack some snacks!” “Pick a cheat day!”
You’ve heard it all before.
And yet every year you go away for a fun vacation, get carried away at the buffet, and come back 3 to 5 pounds heavier than when you left.
It sure would be nice to find a diet plan that would work 365 days per year. A plan that would have you at your ideal weight, happy with your body, and not deprived of the foods that you love. Even while on vacation.
Such a plan does exist, and it’s really simple.
It’s so simple that it’s not even a plan; it’s a mindset.
If you want a lean, hot body 365 days a year then you must become unreasonable.
Unreasonable, that is, by society’s standards.
Society today says that it is reasonable to…
- Binge eat on vacation.
- Consume large quantities of sugar on a regular basis.
- Frequent fast food restaurants.
- Exercise at a slow pace once or twice a week.
- Slack off on keeping your body properly hydrated.
- Live a sedentary life while consuming extra large portions of food.
- Eat processed and industrialized “foods”.
- Reduce your standards for health and quality of life.
- Put your goals and dreams on hold.
- Let your goals and dreams slowly die.
If you’re living a “reasonable” life by society’s standards then you are out of shape, tired and dehydrated. You go away on vacation and come home heavier and more uncomfortable.
Nothing else could result from abiding by society’s rules.
If you want different results, if you want to achieve a body that’s lean, healthy, sexy and energetic, then you must become UNREASONABLE.
The UNREASONABLE FIT PERSON will…
- Eat sensibly on vacation, balancing indulgences with activity and calorie control.
- Restrict sugar for only rare and special occasions.
- Stick with simple, wholesome meals made at home (like the recipe for Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken below)
- Exercise at a high intensity 4 to 5 times per week, always pushing themselves to lift more and go harder.
- Make the conscious effort to drink water throughout the day to maintain proper hydration.
- Live an active life where food is consumed sensibly as fuel.
- Fill their diet with fresh, real, unadulterated foods.
- Refuse to peak physically or mentally; always strives to raise the bar.
- Actively pursue their goals and dreams.
- Routinely achieve their goals and dreams…and go on to set new ones.
So there you have it, the way to vacation proof your diet is to adopt the mindset of an UNREASONABLE FIT PERSON.
This mindset will carry over into your entire year, not just that week of vacation, and by the time next summer rolls around you’ll be living in a very unreasonably fit and attractive body!
If you’re not yet one of my fit and active clients then join us now! I’d love nothing more than to guide you through your stunning body transformation!
Call or email me today to get started. Let’s do this!
I Wanna Be Like…
Do you have a fitness inspiration? Someone to observe whom embodies the lifestyle that you wish to have?
Focus on shining examples of fitness, and forget the standards that society has accepted.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
There are many ways to prepare chicken breast. You could grill it, bake it, sauté it or fry it. You could eat it cold or hot, spicy or mild. You could season it generously or leave it plain. You could spend lots of time and effort, or barely any at all.
This Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken tops my list of favorite ways to prepare chicken breast. It requires minimal time and effort and results in moist, tender, flavorful chicken that could compete with just about any fancy chicken dish. All while providing superb nutrition to keep you fit, lean and in control of your health.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 3 yellow or red onions, quartered and sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Oregano, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Parsley, minced for garnish
- Place the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with the chicken. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, broth, stevia, both mustards, thyme, oregano, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and sprinkle with the garlic.
- Cover and cook on high, until the chicken is tender, for 4-5 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 130 calories, 2g fat, 4g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 350mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 26g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.
Your Personal Best
4050 Williston Rd
South Burlington,VT 05403
My results over the last 18 months have been superb. The general improvement in conditioning has been augmented with better posture. I'm honored to have this opportunity to recommend Moe's services to others, particularly to folks who feel they've been underserved to some extent by other professionals in this field.
Moe coached me to move beyond my comfort levels. He was great at providing motivation to stick to the program on those weeks where nothing seemed to go right. It was those sticking points that were my down fall when I was on my own. Over the course of three months, he worked with me to get my body fat down to 11% - enough to see my ab muscles flex.
The results I have achieved through following Moe’s program have well exceeded my expectations. With Moe’s organization, dedication, knowledge, and the complete program he puts together, he makes it virtually impossible NOT to succeed.
Words of Inspiration
Click my Pinterest link below for more
Visit my Facebook page for updates.
Your Personal Best Life;
Your Simplified Guide to a Healthy,Fit,
and Happy Life
Book and life transformation program
Your Personal Best is now on :
(click You Tube logo to visit channel)
Live Healthier, Buy Locally
Your Personal Best is now a proud retailer of DaVinci Labs of VT supplements.
Three decades ago. Da Vinci Laboratories of Vermont started with a simple commitment-help doctors strengthen their patients and their practices by offering them the purest and most potent vitamins and supplements found in nature. Since then their commitment to research, innovation, and total truth in labeling has solidified their reputation as a valued partner with thousands of doctors. Their extensive line of products is fully guaranteed and manufactured under cGMP guidelines.
Best of all it is a VT based business which means that your purchase of these products through Your Personal Best supports two Vermont-based businesses. To shop for Davinciproducts visit my website www.personalbestfitness.net and click on the DaVinci Labs banner at the bottom of the page.
When purchasing supplements shop local and shop smart. Davinci is a VT company whose products are made with superior quality ingredients to ensure maximum nutrient absorption.
Para-Shield™ contains a combination of plant extracts in a vegetarian tablet that supports the bodys elimination of unwanted microorganisms while helping to maintain proper immune system and G.I. tract functions.
For more information on this product click here.
To shop for this or any other Davinci Labs product visit my website and click on the Davinci Labs banner at the bottom of the page.
All sales of Davinci Labs products made through my website are credited to me here at Your Personal Best Fitness. Your support of me and my business is greatly appreciated.